It Just Comes Naturally

Being in this industry for the past five and a half years, I have met and worked with a lot of vendors.
This past Thursday was our Styled Wedding Shoot at Camp Canaan and it allowed me the opportunity to watch all of these vendors do what they do best!

On a typical wedding day I am running around like crazy to ensure vendors arrive on time, set up in the correct area, follow the timeline, keep the bride and groom separate, ensure the bride is happy, ensure the groom is happy, thinking on my feet for any unplanned emergencies that pop up (there is ALWAYS at least one), etc. So I rarely get the chance to watch the vendors work their magic a part from checking in on them for time and doing a walk through once they have finished to ensure it is exactly what the bride and groom want.

Kelli from yah Photography and I planned the timeline out on Thursday so that we began setting up an hour and a half before the models, hair & make up artists and the cake designer showed up. We began decorating around 1:30pm when the rentals and flowers arrived. Once the vendors showed up at 3:00pm, we took a break to give direction. We got the models in hair and make up and worked with the cake designer on the cake table. Since we had a very relaxed timeline and were only focusing on photos rather than an entire wedding, I was able to spend time with the vendors and watch them work.

I was blown away with the talent of each vendor as I watched! It is so easy to look at a finished product and say, "Oh, that looks great," and not realize the time and skills it takes to make it "look great."

Ribald Farms
Although I did not get to see the florist make the centerpiece and bridal bouquet, I did see the talent. We wanted each vendor to be able to showcase their talents so we did not give much direction, we simply told them that we were going for a natural woodland theme. And the flowers screamed natural woodland! They were unique, beautiful and gave you the woods feeling.

Sweet Scene Cakes
Sarah Deer took a picture that we had pinned and created a gorgeous and unique version that was elegant and also embodied the woodland theme. We all worked on the cake table to bring it all together, though it did not need much with the beauty of the cake!

Make Up by Jenny Le
Jenny first blew me away when I saw her finished product and then again when we took a break in between scene shots. She took the bridal bouquet and in literally 4 seconds she mixed three colors and matched the exact color of the deep pinkish flowers in it to put on the models lips. Amazed! And ofcourse, the hair stylist impressed me, I have the hardest time with my own hair... I can't imagine doing others and being able to produce what they do! Gorgeous!!!

Kelsey Mula
I enjoyed watching the modeling because I was just "wowed" at how natural Kelsey, our bride, looked during the shots. Her eyes, smile, legs, arms, hands, all-around body positioning just seemed so effortless.

yah Photography
Last but not least, I am always blown away by Kelli's photography. She showed me five photos during the shoot and it literally looked like something out of a fairy tale. I couldn't believe that something and someone could be so breath-taking. Kelli is beyond talented and has a way with using natural light in her photographs. I can't wait to see the end product!

People always say, "Caroline, I don't know how you do wedding planning. It is so much to keep up with, so many details and stressful." My reply to that is, "Yes, it is. But it also just come naturally and is so rewarding in the end." I am sure other vendors can agree. I am so grateful and appreciative to EVERY vendor who helps make dream weddings come true.

Comments

Popular Posts