Hip, Hip, Hooray!




















ALL PHOTOGRAPHY BY KRISTEN PRIVETTE PHOTOGRAPHY

Yipieeeee, it is January 30th - one of our absolute favorite days of the year. "Why?," you may ask.

IT'S OUR ANNIVERSARY!!!

Mint to Be Weddings has officially been in business for 3 full years... and what a wonderful and blessed 3 years that has been! I have heard that if you make it past your first 3 years of business then you have a solid foundation to grow on. Wow, that is just overwhelming to think about and so exciting.

In our first three years we have updated our logo [beautifully done by the talented Deb Hall with Olive Paper], added on a second coordinator [Brittany], participated in 3 bridal shows and been featured in Southern Bride, Bustld,  Knotsvilla Weddings and Borrowed & Blue publications. We have planned and coordinated 25 weddings, 5 Styled Shoots and 1 networking event. We are beyond blessed to currently have 19 wonderful weddings and fabulous clients on the books for 2018 + 3 more for 2019! Yayyy!




















I have just been blessed from head to toe in this business. Blessed with loving and supportive family members, my significant other, friends, vendors, clients and last but not least, blessed with my right-hand woman, Brittany Cannady! I am so grateful and appreciative to have such a beautiful, strong and hilarious individual to grow with me in this life experience.





















So thank you to EVERYONE and ANYONE who has supported my business in one way or another. You have been a key factor in the growth and success of Mint to Be Weddings and I am forever grateful. Thank you for every encouraging word, every "like," every comment, every share, every "congratulations," every piece of advice I have received, every prayer, every trusting client, every opportunity, every networking event, every meeting and everything beyond! 


















Our new and improved website will be launched in the next day or so. It has a similar feel but an updated look, photos and details. Please feel free to check it out at Mint to Be Weddings coming soon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who do not know the Mint to Be Team, we wanted to share that with you. 


Caroline Emmons, Owner
I was born and raised in south Charlotte and am proud to be a southern gal! I grew up in Steele Creek, which most would argue is "south of south Charlotte" or "pretty much South Carolina." Growing up here was ideal because it allowed me to enjoy and explore the beauties of both North & South Carolina.  Much like the rest of my family, I am outgoing, short, hard working and have a large sense of humor!

I have always enjoyed planning events, even when I was a child. My passion really grew when I attended Appalachian State University in 2009 though. I knew I wanted to make a career in event planning so I established myself in a Communication major and minored in Entrepreneurship. It wasn't until I organized a surprise 25th Wedding Anniversary for my parents that I knew I wanted to focus on weddings. I fell in love with celebrating others love and that was it! 
After that, I promised myself that I would find my way into the wedding industry. I took an internship with an event planner in Boone, NC, which eventually turned into my first wedding assistant job. The owner and wedding planner, Elizabeth, introduced me to the industry and taught me so much! I worked with Elizabeth for a little over a year at venues all over the High Country area and fell further in love with weddings and being a part of others "happily ever-after." 
Shortly after, I had the pleasure of working closely with another wedding planner at a resort in Boone, CeCe. She constantly encouraged me to use my own creativity on weddings and even had me plan and execute a few Rehearsal Dinners myself. I eventually took all Rehearsal Dinners and Corporate events off of her hands and became the resort's Corporate Events Coordinator.



After staying at the resort a semester post-graduation, I felt like it was time to return home. I obtained a job with a management company in Fort Mill, SC as their Events Coordinator and grew further in the corporate event industry. I had the pleasure of planning and executing many unique company and fundraising events for over a year. However, I couldn't help but feel like something was missing... WEDDINGS!!! I was still using my creative side with corporate events but I missed the joy that came with planning weddings. There is nothing like getting to know a bride and groom for months and watching them grow their unique love and weave it into their special day!




An opportunity arose and I decided it was time to start my own wedding planning business. Thus, Mint to Be Weddings was created with the help and support from my friends & family! I absolutely love my business and this industry and feel blessed every single day. I put my heart and soul into ensuring that each client's planning experience is fun and relaxing and that their special day is everything they dream of and more! 





Brittany Cannady, Coordinator


Hello! I am Carolina born and raised. I'm in love with all things glitter and the beach is my ideal place of complete serenity. 
I'm a school teacher by trade and an event coordinator and planner by talent. Working for Mint to Be fuels my desires to be a part of a bride and grooms magical day. 
Caroline and I met through our sisterhood at Appalachian State University and have been inseparable since! I couldn't have dreamed of a better work relationship and it matters even more to make each and every event flow seemingly. 


Comments

Popular Posts