Blogging for 2016

Wow. This year is absolutely flying by, we are only 3 days away from Christmas now!!! And I have just realized that I've not posted since September! :(

With Christmas approaching fast and New Years right after, Tis' the season for resolutions!! I have decided this year to make resolutions for my personal life and for my business. I personally believe in making resolutions, even if you don't accomplish them fully. They are a healthy way for me to assess the past year and set goals for the next! This will especially be key for me in regards to my business. I have learned a lot about being a business owner over this past year, sometimes the hard way, and know that I have much more to learn as I grow it... and that's exciting to me!

My first "Business Resolution" is to blog more! There are so many benefits to blogging; Blogging is a great way to pick my own brain and challenge myself (because it does NOT come easy to me). It also excersises dedication and time which is important in this industry and a big part of owning your own business. I love to blog about planning tips for Brides so forcing myself to blog also requires me to do research which is very healthy. Lastly, continuously blogging helps me grow in writing. As a wedding planner, writing and grammar is not my strong point! Organization, creativity and event management is!

To accomplish a resolution, it is important to consider the benefits of it and set specific goals underneath your overall goal. For example, one specific part of blogging that I would like to work on is blogging more about industry trends and what is hot! I usually do research and know what is currently "in" with weddings, however that is never my "go to" when I blog for some reason. Therefore, with blogging more, I know I need to research more in 2016 and lay out topics ahead of time. Another part to blogging that I would like to work on is exploring and reading others blogs to share helpful resources for brides and myself. Therefore with blogging more, I know I need to explore more in 2016. And lastly, with blogging I want to make an effort to work on my writing, grammar, sentence structure, etc. Therefore with blogging more, I know I need to seek writing help in 2016.

Blogging is just one of the many "Business Resolutions" that I will be making. As I stated, I learned a lot as a small business owner this past year and with that, there are many things I will be doing differently or more efficiently for 2016. To my fellow business owners, what are your "Business resolutions" for 2016? And what are the benefits of improving them? And lastly, how can you set yourself up for success and accomplish them fully? For all the brides out there who are currently planning, what are you "Wedding Resoltuions" for 2016? The new year is a great time to get organized and ready for anything and everything! Set your Wedding goals with a realistic timeline and plan of action to complete them.

So before it is officially the new year, I plan to write out both my personal and business resolutions and then note the specifics below each one and how to accomplish them fully. Hopefully this will help me be prepared to actually keep my resolutions this year. We shall see soon enough....



Comments

Popular Posts