Meet Mint to Be Weddings

My name is Caroline Emmons and I am the Principal Planner and owner of Mint to Be Weddings. 

A little bit about myself and how Mint to Be came to be

I was born and raised in south Charlotte and am proud to be a southern gal! I grew up in Steele Creek, which most would argue is "south of south Charlotte" or "pretty much South Carolina." Growing up here was ideal because it allowed me to enjoy and explore the beauties of both North & South Carolina.  Much like the rest of my family, I am outgoing, short, hard working and have a large sense of humor! I am also often described as the short, blonde who is bubbly, energetic and a tad sassy! 

I have always enjoyed planning events, even when I was a child. I was very organized and would always ask my mom to let me help her clean or set up for their dinner parties. My passion really grew when I attended Appalachian State University in 2009 though. I began planning amateur themed events for friends and tried to be as creative and unique as I could with each party! I didn't know that I wanted to focus my passion on weddings until I organized my parents and aunt and uncles surprise 25th Wedding Anniversary Party! I fell in love with celebrating others love and that was it!

After that, I promised myself that I would find my way into the wedding industry and I did! I took an internship with Events by Elizabeth Ashley in Boone, NC, which eventually turned into my first wedding assistant job. Elizabeth introduced me to the industry and taught me so much! I worked with Elizabeth for a little over a year at venues all over the High Country area and fell further in love with weddings and being a part of others happily ever-after. 

Elizabeth guided me to my next job opportunity, where I began working for a wedding planner at one of the venues I had assisted weddings at. I became the wedding assistant for CeCe Hampton Wedding Planning & Design. I had the pleasure of working closely with CeCe on many weddings at the resort. She constantly encouraged me to use my own creativity on weddings and even had me plan and execute a few Rehearsal Dinners myself. I eventually took all Rehearsal Dinners and Corporate events off of CeCe's hands and became the resort's Corporate Events Coordinator. 

After staying at the resort a semester post-graduation, I felt like it was time to return home. I obtained a job with a management company in Fort Mill, SC as their Events Coordinator and grew further in the corporate event industry. I had the pleasure of planning and executing many unique company and fundraising events for a year. At the end of the year, I couldn't help but feel like something was missing though... WEDDINGS!!! I was still using my creative side with corporate events, however, I missed the joy that came with planning weddings. There is nothing like getting to know a bride and groom for months and weaving their unique love story into their special day!

An opportunity arose and I decided it was time to start my own wedding planning business. Thus, Mint to Be was created with the help and support from my friends, family & business consultant, CeCe Hampton!

Comments

Popular Posts